Hospital to Home Care for Leon Springs, Fair Oaks, & Boerne Area
Hospital to Home Care
A leading cause of hospital readmission or slow post- hospitalization recovery is directly associated with the lack of proper care and support following a hospital discharge. In fact, 1 in 5 seniors, who are hospitalized, return to the hospital within 30 days. Whether one is transitioning directly home after hospitalization or to a rehabilitation or medical care facility, In-Home Care is a key resource for a safe and successful recovery process.
If or when you or your loved one is discharged from a hospital, it is of utmost importance to develop a care plan to ensure the transition process runs smoothly. The assistance of a compassionate, trained caregiver can help immensely. A Senior Buddies caregiver can provide individualized attention, as well as help and support during a hospital stay, before the actual discharge. Becoming familiar with a client’s care needs can make for a smoother transition from hospital to home and assist in a successful recovery. Whether it is a medication reminder or assistance transferring from a bed to a chair, Senior Buddies In-Home caregivers can offer a helping hand when and where their services are most needed.
Senior Buddies In-Home Care recognizes that a transition from a hospital environment to the post-hospital recovery process can be an overwhelming experience for you and your family. A personalized care plan and trained caregiver can help provide peace of mind and assurance that this transition is made easier for our clients. The first 48 to 72 hours after a hospital discharge are critical to a successful recovery process. Senior Buddies caregivers are available to assist you and support your care needs during this time. Our work and involvement begin before a discharge from the hospital. A detailed care plan is prepared in advance to ensure care needs and expectations are outlined and addressed in order to achieve optimal home care and support.
Hospital to Home Care Services
Personal Hospital to Home Care Assistance
- Bed to Walker/Wheelchair Transfer Assistance
- Grooming, Dressing, and Bathing Assistance
- Medication Reminders and Therapy Assistance
- Incontinence Care and Toileting Assistance
- Regular Communication and Status Reports to Family
- Fall and Safety Prevention
- Transition Support from Hospital to Home
- Nutrition and Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
- Laundry & Change of Bed Linens
- Light Housekeeping
- Grocery Shopping
- Recreational and Outdoor Activities
- Community and Social Engagement
- Transportation to Appointments/Events
- Accompany Client to Appointments/Events
- Light Exercise Assistance
- Travel Support and Assistance
The Benefits of Senior Buddies Hospital to Home Care Services Include:
- Experienced and Compassionate Staff
- Fast and Flexible Scheduling
- Consistent and Reliable, Quality Care Assistance
- Support to Family in Managing Care Needs
- Companionship and Support with Care Needs
- No Contractual Obligation to Continue Services
A Senior Buddies caregiver will provide support, encouragement, and personalized care to assist in your recovery, whether in a hospital setting or in the comfort of your home. Care assistance and support during your hospital stay and transition to your home can significantly impact the success of recovery, as well as ensure optimal care during this time.