Frequently Asked Questions
We want to provide Families who are searching for reliable and affordable senior home care for their parents, grandparents or loved ones with answers to all of their questions . We have made a list of the most frequently asked questions. In case you can’t find an answer to a question you have been looking for in our list, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us directly and get all the info and clarification you need.
What is home care?
Senior Buddies caregivers provide care services in the comfort and safety of our clients residence. This is a proven way of ensuring optimal quality of life for seniors in an environment where they feel safe and surrounded by familiar things. Our in home care services include assistance and support with daily activities, such as laundry, medication reminders, meal preparation, bathing, transportation, companionship, and light housekeeping.
What if my senior family members are reluctant to consider this kind of care?
We understand that the older adults can be quite skeptical and reluctant when it comes to our home care services. Usually, they’re afraid that this means they will lose their independence. With our helping hand, they can retain independence and the lifestyle they are accustom to in a place they are most familiar with… their home!
Who needs to pay for our home care services?
It is important to emphasize and clarify that the government doesn’t cover home care services provided by home care companies, such as Senior Buddies. We accept private pay.
Why should I use your home care company rather than find a caregiver on my own?
Here are some things to consider when making a choice between our company and caregivers you get in touch on your own. Senior Buddies guarantee the following:
- Consistency in work of our caregiving teams.
- Our fully personalized home care services ensure the best value for your money.
- Our caregivers aren’t allowed to use the client’s property without their previous approval and strictly for the needs of care recipients.
- Our caregivers focus only on one patient at a time.
- All of our staff members have to go through extremely rigorous background and security checks.
- All of our team members are fully insured as employees.
- We don’t hire independent contractors.
- We conduct surveys on a regular basis.
- We are constantly adjusting our activities to suit our clients perfectly.
What’s so special about our Home Care Services
- From Bed to Wheelchair Daily Assistance
- Grooming, Dressing, and Bathing Assistance
- Medication Reminders and Therapy Assistance
- Incontinence Care and Toileting
- Regular Status Reports to Family
- Fall and Safety Prevention
- Nutrition and Meal Preparation
- Laundry & Change of Bed Linens and Laundry
- Light Housekeeping
- Grocery Shopping
- Recreational and Outdoor Activities
- Transportation to Social
- Light Exercise Assistance
- Community Engagement and Companionship
- Travel Support and Assistance
What does it take to be a caregiver at Senior Buddies?
Senior Buddies typically hires no more than 1 in 20 candidates. That’s the reality in this line of business. Only the most experienced, compassioned, and skillful caregivers have a future with Senior Buddies. In addition, we conduct detailed background and security checks. Families need to have a peace of mind that the person spending time with their loved one is the one they can trust.
Am I required to sign a contract?
Absolutely no! You’re free to use our services when, where, and as long as you need them. In addition, you are strongly encouraged to give our caregivers a try, even for a limited period of time.