Frequently Asked Questions
What is in-home care?
Senior Buddies caregivers provide care services in the comfort and safety of our clients’ homes. This is a way to ensure optimal quality of life for seniors in a familiar, comfortable environment where they feel safe. Our in-home care services include companionship, as well as assistance and support with daily tasks of living such as: bathing and grooming; meal preparation; medication reminders; transportation; light housekeeping; and laundry.
There are no long term service contracts. We offer service agreements that begin and end at your discretion.
What if my senior family members are reluctant to consider this kind of care?
We understand the skepticism and reluctance of seniors with regard to home care services. It is not uncommon for seniors to feel they will lose their independence and privacy. However, in-home care is designed to actually help seniors retain their independence and continue a lifestyle they are accustomed to in a place they are most familiar with… their home!
How do we afford home care services?
It is important to emphasize that Medicaid and Medicare do not reimburse payment of non-medical in-home care. Senior Buddies is a private pay in-home care agency; however, if we cannot assist you, we will try our best to refer you to a service that suits your financial needs.
What’s unique about our Senior Buddies Home Care Services?
Senior Buddies In-Home Care is a local agency that is family-owned and operated. It evolved from a personal need with our own parents. We understand the importance of caring for loved ones and the time commitment involved with doing so. Family remains a cherished core value upon which our service is built. Our services are designed to assist seniors and support their family members. We consider it a privilege to serve the families of our community (San Antonio, Leon Springs, Boerne, Fair Oaks, Boerne, and surrounding areas).
Why should I use your home care agency rather than find a caregiver on my own?
Here are important considerations when making a choice between Senior Buddies and independent, private duty caregivers:
- Security and background checks conducted on all staff members
- Quality assurance visits and surveys conducted regularly
- Consistency in caregivers’ schedules
- Personalized Care Plans
- No independent contractors
What are some of the benefits of Senior Buddies In Home Care?
Personal Care Benefits
- Transfer Assistance from Bed to Wheelchair
- Grooming, Dressing, and Bathing Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- Incontinence Care and Toileting
Health and Well-Being Benefits
- Safety Reminders to Minimize Fall Risks
- Nutrition Planning and Meal Preparation
- Laundry and Change of Bed Linens
- Light Housekeeping
- Grocery Shopping
- Recreational and Outdoor Activities
- Transportation to Appointments and Social Events
- Accompany to Appointments and Events
- Community Engagement
- Light Exercise Assistance
- Travel Support and Assistance